Gogo 2Ku outperforms all other market-ready global connectivity solutions. Coupled with our next-generation modem, the 2Ku antenna delivers industry-leading speeds and superior performance around the globe while significantly reducing costs. With an open architecture that leverages current and future Ku satellites, 2Ku offers unrivaled adaptability to keep your airline connected – now and in the future.
Key features and benefits
- Next-generation modem enhances performance, delivering peak antenna speeds of 70+ Mbps to the aircraft
- Forward-compatible with future Ku satellites, including HTS and LEO satellites
- Industry-leading speeds support video streaming. See it in action on our 737 test plane.
- Twice the spectral efficiency of conventional aero antennas means more bandwidth for less cost
- Unique antenna design offers superior performance – even in equatorial regions
- Gate-to-gate availability means passengers will never miss a minute
- Low-profile radome reduces drag and fuel burn compared to other satcom solutions
- An upfront SLA guarantees a reliable, more consistent passenger experience
- Like what you see? Get in touch.
Unique dual phased-array antenna
2Ku's aperture size is unparalleled in the IFC market. With 4x the surface area of conventional aero antennas, 2Ku delivers superior performance and double the spectral efficiency, delivering more bandwidth for less cost. When next-generation satellites come online, 2Ku's dual antenna – coupled with our next-generation modem – has the capacity to deliver peak speeds of 200+ Mbps to the aircraft.
Low profile radome
With its low profile radome, 2Ku offers 50% less equivalent weight penalty than conventional aero antennas, reducing drag and fuel burn, and generating significant savings for your airline.
Gogo’s global coverage
With an open architecture that leverages current and future Ku satellites, including HTS and LEO satellites, Gogo 2Ku offers redundant and reliable coverage around the globe.
Bring 2Ku onboard
Here's what your aircraft need to bring 2Ku onboard:
Comprised of the hardware on the aircraft, the in-cabin network delivers connectivity to Wi-Fi enabled devices onboard.
The 2Ku antenna, which consists of two large aperture phased-array antennas, transmits data to and from the aircraft.
The MODMAN is the device used to host the next-generation modem, which converts the satellite data stream.
The KRFU converts frequencies from the modem to prepare for transmission to the satellite.
The KANDU provides power to the satellite antenna and uses aircraft navigational data to control its movement.
Meet our 2Ku partners
Thanks for your interest in Gogo!
Please complete the info below to download this file.